Open Gardens Day, Barnsbury (36 Thornhill Square, 44 Hemingford Road, Barnsbury Wood on Crescent Street and 1 Battlebridge Court on Wharfdale Road): Sunday 3 June, 2:00 pm-6:00 pm
Open for the National Gardens Scheme.
- See contrasting gardens, with old roses, perennials and unusual shrubs at 36 Thornhill Square and 44 Hemingford Road, mature woodland in Barnsbury Wood, and plantsman’s layouts with views to the canal and houseboats in 1 Battlebridge Court.
- Support charity with the combined admission charge of £6 for adults and £0 for children.
- Buy home made teas and plants at 36 Thornhill Square.
Barnsbury Wood is also usually open on Tuesdays 2:00 pm-4:00 pm (but not on Tuesday 5 June this year) and in the summer (from July to September) on Saturdays 2:00 pm-4:00 pm.
Jubilee Big Picnic, Thornhill Square: Monday 4 June, 12:00 noon-3:00 pm
Organised for the Huntingdon Street and Crescent Street Residents Association and the Thornhill Square Association.
- Bring food and drink to share and something to sit on.
- Have a free drink on arrival.
- Take part in games in Thornhill Crescent Gardens (surrounding St Andrew’s Church).
Diamond Jubilee Party, Barnsbury Square: Saturday 9 June, 2:00 pm-5:00 pm
Organised for the Friends of Barnsbury Square Gardens.
- Bring cake or biscuits for those who want them.
- Take part in a ‘Costume and Queen’s Beasts Competition’, with dressing up for those who would like to enter themselves, members of their families or their pets as lions, unicorns, dragons or whatever.
- Have free face painting 3:00 pm-4:00 pm.
Open Squares Weekend, Barnsbury Square: Sunday 10 June, 2:30 pm-4:30 pm
Open for the London Parks and Gardens Trust.
- Get tea, coffee and soft drinks in the hut.
The hut is also usually open on Tuesdays 2:00 pm-4:00 pm and on Saturdays 11:00 am-12:00 noon.